Monday, July 14, 2014

School, Friends, and More School--7/9/14-7/14/14

Okay people, you can stop pestering me now! I'm posting! The reason I haven't posted anything is because 1) I've been busy with school and 2) Not much has happened except for school. But, at literally everyone's request, I will try to post more, even if it's boring.

So basically the last few days have been lots of school. In philosophy we debated the existence of god and in mythology we talked about the creation myths. Philosophy is really interesting. It's my favorite class because it makes me think differently than I usually do. Instead of just refusing to believe something, I have to state why I don't agree with it and what the flaws in their logic are. The burden of proof lies on me. So it's really interesting. I like it. Mythology is boring and a lot of reading, but it inspired an art project that I'm calling "Modern Myths" where I take Greek gods and goddesses and modernize them. 

Okay, aside from school I've made some pretty close friends. I hang out on the 7th floor a lot and I know everyone on it. The floor is so friendly, like people are always just sitting out in the hall studying, and then at night we listen to music in the hall and talk and stuff. My closest friends are Carolyn and Sabrina. They're roommates, so I spend a lot of time in their room haha. Last night I went out to dinner with them, this girl named Ahba, and this guy named Faik. We went to Max Brenner, which is a chocolate place. 

After that we went to the park and listened to people playing the piano. I caught fireflies and one couldn't fly and it made me sad. She just kinda crawled on me and lit up. It was really cute. I named her Gaia. 
That's lil Gaia

Also, an activity I signed up for was a tour of what the PAs called the "gayborhood." We went to an ice cream place and what I got was INSANE. Like it was vanilla ice cream with dulce de leche and it was dipped in chocolate. To. Die. For.
Le ice cream shop
I tried so hard to take a picture. Anyways, that's Le Momo with Le Sabrina and Le guy whose name I can't remember. Anyways, lemme tell you about this dude. He's from Venezuela and he knows literally EVERYTHING about history. In 15 minutes he told us the complete history of Venezuela and how everyone hates Maduro, the dictator, and how they have no food or toilet paper and stuff. Like it's insane. You guys need to look up this stuff. Like I didn't know Venezuela was in such a bad situation. But this dude is cool, I just don't remember his name.

Yeah so that's literally all that's happened. We've gone shopping a couple of times and we mostly just walk around the city because there's something new around every corner. I really love New York. I couldn't live here forever, but it seems like a viable option for a few years. It's a really incredible and diverse city. 
I found someone doing ballet on the street for some movie thing and it reminded me of Jenn...


Thanks for reading!
~Le Momo

P.S.- My mother and my uncle are giving themselves names like my "Le Momo." Le Mama and Le JiJi will never be as fabulous as Le Momo. Be jealous.

No comments:

Post a Comment