Sunday, July 6, 2014

Move In Day--7/6/14

Today was pretty busy... sorta. Not busy so much as eventful. Today was the day I moved into my dorm! We woke up at like 8 (but I got out of bed at like 9) and then we got my temporary ID and checked into Weinstein Hall (my temporary home). After getting the key and taking the elevator to the sixth floor we spent probably about half an hour trying to open the door. We attempted to open it unsuccessfully, then we solicited help from some random person in the hall, then we went downstairs to get a PA, THEN we went back down to get the master key and it FINALLY opened. The dorm is actually pretty roomy. I like it. 
This is the door. It has a cute little pictures with our names on it.
This is my side of the room. It's got a cool little desk and then a bed and then drawers and shelves. Much success.
My roommate's name is Alivia. She's really nice. I like her. She's a rising junior. She lives in Chicago and does competitive cheerleading.

While she unpacked, my mom, Cross, and I went to grab coffee at a place called Think Coffee, which is on the way to my first class....... do you see where I'm going with this?? Anyways, that place was yummy and cute and I like the feel of it. Then we went and got lunch at a Cuban place. Cross and I shared guacamole and empanadas and they were AMAZING. I will definitely be revisiting that place later. 

Then we went back to the room and my mom and Cross left :'( My mom will tell you she didn't cry but that's a lie she cried a lot. But that's okay because I was sad too and I will miss her. Then Alivia and I went to orientation, which was all pretty much information covered in the emails, but was still informative. Then they took us on a tour of the campus, which was pretty cool. Weinstein is right across from this really cute street with international somethings or anothers on it. Then we went to CVS and bought hair dye to revamp my red streak. We also gave Alivia a streak on the back of her head. 
MUCH FIERCE. SUCH SWAG.
Then we had a hall meeting and ate pizza. During the hall meeting we discussed the orientation and they went more into depth on the policies and such. Then we got to know each other a little. Everyone seems pretty friendly. I like it here. It's nice.


Other Stuff
Mom being... mom

KITTY OF THE DAY:
Eric's cat, Higgs
Kittens in boxes are cute


No comments:

Post a Comment